Rusty Cooking!



So on the 4th of July we had to help my mom sell strawberries. (or should I say we got to). We left at 6:30 a.m. and sold berries in Idaho Falls. While convincing other people to buy strawberries, Rusty convinced himself in the meantime. He decided we should make jam which really means in a guys world is I'll buy it and you make it. Well I am in the middle of classes and so I said no way. He didn't bllink an eye before he said, "That's fine. Give me the recipe and I'll make it." So sure enough I came home one day and he was cutting up the strawberries starting to make jam. I let him go about it himself...it's good for him. I eventually decided to check up on him and as I walked into the kitchen there Rusty was taking the bowl of strawberries and weighing them on our scale. Yes he was weighing the strawberries on the scale. So this is our conversation....

"Rusty what are you doing?"
"Well I was thinking. If I weigh the berries I can calculate how to make more jam than the recipe said."
"Ha ha ha oh......Have you ever heard of the term "double the recipe?""
"Oh..oh ya"



You better believe I still make fun of him. His mind is just too smart, he can't think simply. Always believes something has to be solved more complicated than it really is. But I do like his brains even though it makes me very jealous and sometimes angry. He is the one that decides to go fishing the day of the test, reviews the material right before, and gets the highest in the class. Ok I change my mind. Actually it makes me mad because I study for hours and hours and just do average on a test so he knows not to say to much when he comes home from acing a test!

No comments: